Classic and elegant home furnishings, with a touch of chinoiserie. Shop tables, chairs and ottomans as well as artificial flowers, vases, handpainted ceramics and textiles. Best of all is Bowerbird’s beautiful collection of blue and white porcelain.
8/F. Open daily, 10am-6pm, 2552 2727.
Taking the place formerly occupied by Shambala, HD Buttercup hails from the US and its collection of furniture, floor coverings and accessories is all curated in Los Angeles. Shop a range of styles, from California coastal to luxe living, directly from the floor – plus, items from select “manutailors”: Timothy Oulton and Sonder Living.
2/F. Open daily, 10am-7:30pm (which is later than most stores in the building), including public holidays, 2555 2997, www.facebook.com/HDButtercupHK.
Inject a bit of Brooklyn style into your home with beautifully crafted cabinets, chairs and stools using solid woods and metals. If your budget won’t stretch to the larger items, the lighting collection is also fantastic, as are the accessories – there’s everything from art to jewellery, rugs and cushions (think organic linens, velvets and sheepswool). A firm favourite.
8/F. Open 10:30am-6:30pm (Mon – Wed); 10am-7pm (Thu – Sun & public holidays), 2556 9499, www.organicmodernism.com
TREE’s flagship store occupies the entire 28th floor and is packed with reclaimed and recycled timber furniture, colourful chairs and accessories. There’s a tailor-made service, cool kids range and vintage and modern styles to choose from. Best of all, there’s a lovely cafe and a play area for the kids – with a changing room and women’s toilet (men have to go one floor down to Level 27). The cafe serves drinks and food but is now take-away only. Retail therapy that makes you feel good? Yes, please.
28/F. Open daily, 10:30am-7pm, 2870 1582, www.tree.com.hk
Be inspired by the bold designs and statement upholstery on display, from side tables inlaid with mother of pearl, to studded leather sofas, wooden valets and turkish light fittings. As well as its own collections, Tequila Kola stocks other brands including eico and Habitat paints and Designers Guild fabrics. You can buy straight from the floor or get items custom made. Furniture rental and wedding registry services are also available.
1/F. Open 10am-7pm (Mon-Sat) and 11am-7pm (Sun & public holidays), 2877 3295, www.tequilakola.com
More home and interiors:
- ad lib: oriental antiques haven with cool chandeliers.
- Artek: European vintage and antiques. Owned by the same people who own ad lib.
- Okooko: mattress and bed specialist.
- Le Carpet Studio: custom made carpets and rugs.
- CarpetBuyer Rug Warehouse: a vast array of designer contemporary rugs, antique persians, soft and silky shaggys and more at up to 50% off. Washing and repair services also available.
- Lane Crawford Warehouse: small home accessories section with bedding, bath items and ornamental accessories
- Oriental Home: Chinese, Mongolian and Tibetan antiques. Custom-made, interior consultancy and restoration and repair services available
- OVOstudio: features designer brands including Kenneth Cobonpue, Ethnicraft and Andreu World, as well as its own eco-friendly furniture collections, made with reclaimed wood
- Fink – The Art of Living: lots of artificial flowers, soft furnishings and decorative items – think candleholders, vases, frames, tableware and more
- Shanghai Tang Outlet: Chinese inspired homeware
- The Birdcage: lots of Chinese antique wooden furniture and accessories, restored to their former glory.
- HC28: east-meets-west living and dining room furniture with a modern look.
- Infurniti Homes: home furnishings from around the globe, from cushions to porcelain and wooden crafts. Moving to the 12th floor at the end of March 2017.
- Marc James Design: chairs, cushions and kitchenware.
- Good Laque Gifts Gallery: an array of lacquer wares, from tissue box holders to trays.
- ArturaFicus: mainly bespoke furniture.
- INSIDE: indoor and outdoor furnishings plus a little fashion for those who like a bright white aesthetic with pops of colour and variety of textiles. A mix of own-label products and international brands including Margo Selby, Ortigia, Sloane Stationery and others.
- Old Shanghai Ltd.: specialises in authentic Chinese wooden furniture constructed without the use of screws. Also produces its own sofas and solid wood furniture. You can customise pretty much everything.
- Wood Shop Limited: creative wooden furniture design.
- JMStyle Furniture & Gallery: specialises in designer pieces, tailor-made furniture, paintings and sculptures.
- Howe: mostly wooden furniture but currently closed.
- Tim Ho: custom-made furniture using stainless steel, natural wood and tempered glass. Also a collection of ornamental objects, from sleek teapots to horse figurines and model cars.
- Shop ORION: carpets.
- Areahome Ltd: indoor furniture and decorative items.
- CAZ 1102: made-to-order furniture.
- Euro M&D: sofas and dining table sets.
- Jacky Lamp & Wood Ltd
- The Red Cabinet: beautifully-finished one-of-a-kind pieces from China that will blend into a modern home. Plus bespoke kids’ furniture.
- Aluminium: packed full of quirky modern chairs and lighting. Mainly European brands, including Vitra, Herman Miller, Kartell and more.
- Indigo Living: stylish and eclectic furniture and home accessories at discounts of up to 50% off.
- Made: solid wood furniture with a contemporary look. A custom-made service is also available, as well as a free home styling consultation.
- Style50s Home Décor: retro furniture from Thailand, plus accessories. The custom-made service takes around 60 days.
- Euro Sofa Mondo: sofas, obviously!
- Nook Living: New! Italian furniture and home accessories. Also provides 2D and 3D modelling for those who want to style their homes. Don’t miss the massive red chandelier in the showroom – apparently they’ve already sold two.
- Attitude Sofa & Curtain Tailor
- MOD European Home Furniture: furniture and home accessories imported from Europe.
- INDIGO Living: popular Hong Kong furniture and lifestyle store covering bed, bath, dining, living room areas – the outlet is on the 10th floor.
- OVO Home: Asian inspired furniture and home accessories.
- Common Room: specialises in mid-century modern vintage furniture and accessories from the 1950s to ‘60s. All pieces originate from Europe and the US – some are in their original forms, others are refinished or reupholstered.
- Natuzzi: known for its Re-vive armchairs, plus sofas and beds that blend modern comfort and technology with Italian craftsmanship.
- NëstNördic.com: Nordic style furniture, from dining chairs to sideboards, rugs and cushions.
- Roche Bobois: high-end, contemporary furniture and accessories, including the iconic Mah Jong Sofa by Hans Hopfer (1971).
- Savoir Beds/The Luxury Bed Studio: handmade beds using the finest natural materials, from long curled Latin American horse tail to Mongolian cashmere and British lamb’s wool. Savoir Beds were first commissioned for The Savoy hotel in London in 1905. Be warned: this type of luxury does not come cheap: the full set of box spring, mattress and topper will set you back six figures.